Email Password: Remember me

Marketing of financial products
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marketing of financial products

Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #111

• DKG
  • Fresher
How it's different from FMCG and what's specific criteria for this job??

Re: Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #112

• gkedia
  • Fresher
Hi DKG

This is not entirely different from FMCG or any other sales(marketing) job.For every product, a product has to be understood by the sales guy and sold to the customer to meet his needs.

But for financial products,the sales guy should have good understanding of the financial markets
e.g. if you are selling mutual fund or insurance,you should know all the marekt rates and their calculations.Customer can ask you any question and you need to be thorough with your understanding.
In FMCG ,ads and marketing might give required info to the customer so you just have to sell it but in financial product,you have to convince and consult the customer.It more of personal selling.

Re: Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #113

• DKG
  • Fresher
so it means financial marketing is more towards technical aspects...but can I customize my product in case of financial products.

Re: Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #114

• DKG
  • Fresher
to simply can you differentiate with an example of credit casd/home loan vis a vis any FMCG product

Re: Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #115

• rt_symbi
  • Fresher
Hi

I think FMCG products are far less customizable as compared to financial.A financial sales guy can modify things in MF to suit the needs of cusotmers,so is the case with credit cards.Gold ,silver etc.

You cant customize a soap on the go for any customer.There are fixed types of soaps which are picked up by customer on his experience and knowledge from ads,but a credit card can be sold and the features can be added or deleted on the go.

but can a pure marketing guy sell a credit card.Will a MBA finance guy more suitable for such jobs ?

Re: Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #116

• gkedia
  • Fresher
I agree with rt_symbi's points,you can customize FMCG products as you can do with financial products like funds or cards.

Re: Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #117

• DKG
  • Fresher
a marketing guy sell it whether fmcg/fin product...he has capability to sell any product..no matter what the product is and of course an MBA fin guy is not suitable...he has diff competency rather selling
The following user(s) said Thank You: gkedia

Re: Marketing of financial products 5 years, 11 months ago #118

• DKG
  • Fresher
thanks a lot for your points..i would come up with more points on this topic..thanks for discussion
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds