Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me

New Airtel Logo
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Airtel Logo

New Airtel Logo 5 years, 11 months ago #19

Hey all!
He other day i was driving on the road... suddenly i noticed hoardings on the street. they all had red borders and it looked like cornetto luv reels ads. But when i looked carefully, it was AIRtel!!!!

I noticed the new logo and i was really taken aback! WHat cud be the possible reason for this new logo strategy?? and anyways the new logo doesnt look to good!

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 11 months ago #20

ya even i noticed the change. i think they have done it on the lines of videocon.
their logo looks similar to new videocon logo. but whether this branding exercise was reqd on airtel can tell the utility. i still prefer the old airtel logo with airltel written in red and white.

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 11 months ago #22

• riyasen
  • Fresher
All the people i have discussed this have similar feedback for this new logo.
Airtel is such a big brand.Considering the expenditure they will encur for this change,i dont think it is a very good idea.
Plus i also didnt like the logo.It reminds me of Vodafone more than airtel.

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 11 months ago #31

yeaahh... it looks like videocon to me.
but i think its a smart move. looks sleek and new.

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 11 months ago #32

Agreed that airtel is a big brand in India but now they have entered various other countries such as africa, seychelles etc. Hence their logo now had to appeal to the global customers and hence they have taken a step in the right direction.

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 11 months ago #83

yea!! i agree to that! it has become a fashion to have a cool brandname and a logo!
if companies want to venture internationally, they need to have a global appeal. and logos, mascots are a good way.

lke mercedes benz, bmw, vodafone have logos which are recognisable without the name reqd. thats what probably airtel is trying to achieve.

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 10 months ago #93

• Krackjack
  • Fresher
new airtel logo is the most unimaginative, piece of creativity i have ever seen.. but vodafone must be jumping guns.. if anything this airtel logo reminds me the most of tht

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 10 months ago #94

• Kartik
  • Senior
till now airtel brand was recognized by its music...but now they want do it through their new logo.....like other brands......nike, adidas,vodafone....... or have they just aped vodafone????....

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 10 months ago #99

• Gyani
  • Fresher
Airtel even though starting as telecom company now need to communicate that they are much more than that. And they needs to communicate that before the turf war for 3G heats up. I think it's a welcome move, will put the brand in new perspective amongst consumer before the telecom market takes a generation leap. Atleast they have got us discussing

My take is they have done the best they could. The most defintive logos are the ones that are simple shapes and easy to recreate. think of the Nike - Swoosh, Addidas - 3 Parallel Stripes, Mercedes - 3 Pointed Star, Audi - 4 circles or Gandhiji's Caricature Doordarshan aired during 90s - Spectacles. So without losing the "A" and the Red color, this was the best they could have done - simple and unique. Marketeers say Brand Communication is getting the 'Shock and Awe'; at least Airtel has managed the Shock if not the Awe for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zigu

Re: New Airtel Logo 5 years, 10 months ago #104

• ask.aks
  • Fresher
I agree with you that the simple shapes always help as the examples you have given but did airtel need it ?
Airtel already had a logo which was there for long time and people recognized it and associated the brand with it.Now suddenly a new logo.Many people might just not be able to associate Airtel with new logo.
I dont know.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds