Email Password: Remember me

Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency

Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency 5 years, 8 months ago #285

• vidya_mba
  • Expert
Sometime back India launched a new symbol for its currency. There was lot of hype generated around that time. Is there anything substantial in it or was it a another gimmick by Indian government. Have we achieved anything which we had anticipated.

Re: Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency 5 years, 8 months ago #286

i dont think its a gimmick...

India is one of the most promising economies of the world, and its a good thins we hav a symbol representing our currency! N it helps in differenciating as lot of countires hav their currencies named rupee or rupaih which is confusing on global scale.

Having a symbol gives us a plave alongwith dollar, pound, yen, euro... so i think its a good thing.

Re: Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency 5 years, 8 months ago #287

• mansin
  • Expert
I agree !

Indian Rupee was always referred to as Rs short for rupees. Giving it a definite symbol helps. It cant be called gimmik. It was something which was required. If government gains through it, let it be.

Re: Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency 5 years, 8 months ago #288

• poojad
  • Expert
I think giving rupee a symbol will enhance its image and perceived strength. In marketing terms this is a rebranding exercise. The rebranding has to reflect what the underlying brand is about: a growing economy, a confident economy, a large economy

Re: Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency 5 years, 8 months ago #290

As we are a part of the global economy and our effort is to gain a prominent position among the nations, it is only appropriate that our currency also gets an internationally recognized symbol on the lines of other world currencies. India is among the top economies in the world in terms of purchasing power parity and is possibly the second-fastest growing economy. Under these circumstances, there is a fair chance for the Indian currency to establish itself as a currency of choice for the international community. Creating a symbol for the rupee at this junction will help this cause and enhance the image of the Indian currency.

Re: Can new rupee symbol raise India's currency 5 years, 8 months ago #292

One interesting fact.....today, the only places where one can pay in Indian rupees outside the country are "mini Punjab" in Southall, West London; Springdale (known as Singhdale) in Brampton, Canada; and other 'Little Indias' across the world.

That's why we have to make our currency stronger. We have o make it universally accepted currency. Giving a symbol is the first step towards it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds