Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me

HOW TO ENTER IT INDUSTRY AFTER MBA MARKETING ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HOW TO ENTER IT INDUSTRY AFTER MBA MARKETING ?

HOW TO ENTER IT INDUSTRY AFTER MBA MARKETING ? 2 years, 2 months ago #2910

Dear all,

I want to work in IT industry. can anyone tell me how to enter into IT sector after my MBA (MARKETING & RETAIL MANAGEMENT). Earlier i have done B.TECH. (ECE). Do I have to pursue any certification course ? Please let me know.

Re: HOW TO ENTER IT INDUSTRY AFTER MBA MARKETING ? 1 year, 10 months ago #3706

Hi prita. I think there should not be anything stopping you from entering the IT industry. However, it will help if you have good references. But in the end, if you do not have a background of IT, then going up the ladder will be tough.

For example - i am a part of the consumer durable industry. But because i dont have an engineering background, it is difficult for me to become a product manager. I am working in channel only because to become a product manager, the company needs an engineering background.

Hope the answer helped.

Re: HOW TO ENTER IT INDUSTRY AFTER MBA MARKETING ? 1 year, 1 month ago #3941

• Tarunkool
  • Expert
These days IT sector is hiring MBAs for specific roles like Business Analyst, Functional Consultant, domain experts etc. The roles are more business oriented.
If you have marketing MBA you can work in IT projects which are catering to marketing industry/processes like CPG etc
Tarun Kool
Passionate about Arsenal

Re: HOW TO ENTER IT INDUSTRY AFTER MBA MARKETING ? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #3968

It is not necesarry to have a background in IT but obviously if you have a prior experience in IT, it would definitely be easier to get a job as well as rise up as a business consultant. As an IT professional, it is not necesarry that you would be coding programs as an MBA, but if you have knowledge in the domain, it would definitely help
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds