Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me

Are extremely long working hours justified??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
HR
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are extremely long working hours justified??

Are extremely long working hours justified?? 3 years, 3 months ago #1813

Today a young BOA intern worked 72 hours on the trot in office in London and collapsed to death. Is working 16-18 hours in office justified by any means?? no matter how much one is paid, is toying with ones health the means? infact, how can even companies be inhuman.. and if such a practice exists in companies, i blame the HR for not taking corrective action

Re: Are extremely long working hours justified?? 3 years, 3 months ago #1823

• amolia
  • Junior
most of the people in the indian public sector sit in the offices just to impress the boss and give an impression that they are hard working. the real measure,i.e. the profit of the organisation still remains low. my view is if you plan out your work, you dont need to sit long

Re: Are extremely long working hours justified?? 3 years, 3 months ago #1827

Don't think such a thing is hidden from professionals.. People working in investment banks, sales for example know abt the tight deadline scehdulea.. Clients expect deliverables over night.. But then again working till someone is dead isnot justified by any means..
Companies should ensure thats such "inhuman" profiles are either eliminated or they shud increase the no of resources. Else if wil only increase lesser committment, low productivity n high attrition

Re: Are extremely long working hours justified?? 3 years, 3 months ago #1830

• mansin
  • Expert
It is difficult to understand how companies can do this. i agree there is pressure of deliverables, but ultimately its inhuman and unethical. but sheer pressure of competition forces companies to take such a drastic measures which causes such incidents

Re: Are extremely long working hours justified?? 3 years, 3 months ago #1834

long working hours! I guess it should be efficiently used working hours and they are always justified

Re: Are extremely long working hours justified?? 3 years, 2 months ago #1853

• poojad
  • Expert
One of my friends' was with a leading investment bank in india. she had the the most horrid time at her workplace. despite good money being offered, the work hours were horrible. she used to go at 9am and sometimes returned home at 4-5am. and this was followed everyday. it led to a lot of problems like insomnia, lack of concentration.. companies should realise that ultimately these are humans!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds