Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me

Bad times ahead for IT companies
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bad times ahead for IT companies

Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 11 months ago #763

Are the current economic conditions signalling bad times for IT companies...

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 11 months ago #767

i would say it is good times for IT companies....dollar is appreciating means that more revenue in rupee terms.....

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 11 months ago #769

the hiring trend of the big IT companies doesn't signal any slowdown. Infosys, TCS, cognizant.. all of them are hiring in big numbers. In fact there was a news piece sometime back that infosys to hire 10k by the end of march 2012.. all these doesn't indicate any slowdown..

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 11 months ago #773

There is kind of slowdown in US and europe which may result into lesser new deals for these companies. This may clip off certain percentage of revenue growth.

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 11 months ago #785

it is expected that most of the US based companies will report slower project execution as companies are keen to conserve cash in the backdrop of faltering economic growth. This can lead to drop in revenue or flat revenue for indian IT companies..

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 11 months ago #795

• poojad
  • Expert
as per media reports tcs and infosys have decided to reduce onsite work. I think they want to improve their margins..

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 11 months ago #798

• poojad
  • Expert
i dont think so they can reduce the onsite work, they already have very meagre onsie presence. If they are not sending anybody from india, they will have to hire contractors from US.

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 10 months ago #857

• spearss91
  • Fresher
People who are working in the IT sector becoming the Millionaires and this is good time for the IT companies...

Re: Bad times ahead for IT companies 4 years, 10 months ago #861

IT sector has consolidated now. There was a time around 5-6 years back when IT companies were clocking 30 - 40% growth rates but times has changed. Recently infosys cut its revenue guidance which indicates that all is not well with IT sector.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds