Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me

Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ?

Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ? 6 years ago #13

• rt_symbi
  • Fresher
Guys !
I went to Apollo pharmacy yesterday.Those guys seem to be driven just by profits.They don't care what medicine is there or not.They are like just we don't have this medicine as demand is not there.

So what should be motive of medical firms like Ranbaxy or glaxo ? Profit or Ethics/Society ?

Re: Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ? 6 years ago #14

• sheetalm
Hi!! this is one very tricky subject which you have touched.
I also dont understand one thing. Whenever u go to a chemist, he has his stock full of softdrinks and chocolates, but his knowledge abt medicines is very bad!!

So i think, they all just have one aim and that is making money!! THey dont really care abt the patients problem.

Re: Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ? 6 years ago #15

• rt_symbi
  • Fresher
Thanks for reply ! lolz

It actually happened to me.I asked for coldarin medicine at Apollo,the guy there came back with Limca and said "Yahi Cold-drink hai abhi" !
I was so pissed off.

A small time chemist has all the medicines but these branded pharmacies don't !
Last Edit: 6 years ago by rt_symbi.

Re: Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ? 6 years ago #16

• sheetalm
I think as far as the manufacturing comapnies like ranbaxy etc are concerned, they put in a lot of effoert thru research and devfelopment. Also, they from their side are ethical towards their customers.

But the problem arises at chemist shops, which are customer facing. Hence we get an image that ranbxy and other medical companies are unethical and dont care abt their customers.

Re: Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ? 6 years ago #17

• rt_symbi
  • Fresher
You got a good point but still final touch point is all that matters isn't it ?

They need to get committed staff who understand that there is difference between selling a soap and a strip of crocin.

Re: Medical Companies-Profit or Ethics ? 6 years ago #53

• riyasen
  • Fresher
good thread..
ya these chemists shops always create a fuss. something needs to be done by companies like ranbaxy to train them i believe
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds