Email Password: Remember me

Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand

Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand 3 years, 5 months ago #1730

• poojad
  • Expert
The massive tragedy has been mulitplied by the poor mangement of the authorieis.. I feel despite the best efforts of the amry. Things are far from normal. Even with crorores of funding, there seems to be no planning. Feel bad for all those who had just gone for a good cause and had to pay with thrir lives for the under preparedness of authrities

Re: Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand 3 years, 5 months ago #1732

• vidya_mba
  • Expert
Its a pity that a country which has been independent for so many decades now fails to provide the bare min.
Ok I agree it was a huge natural calamity but apart from the army no one seems to have a cluw what needs to be done.
The politicians are busy fighting amongst themsleves.. God knows wat wil happen

Re: Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand 3 years, 5 months ago #1734

Well its easier said. It was a huge natural calamity. i agree that to a certain extent the govt must be prepared but sometimes things are beyond your preparation.

its commendable the way rescue operations are carried. with the many problems that our country faces in terms of lack of infrastructure and resources, i feel the rescue operations deserves resepct. although m not saying that there was lack of basic preparation. but that is there everywhere.

Re: Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand 3 years, 5 months ago #1737

• mansin
  • Expert
preplanning was very bad.. but a great job down by the army..
we should all learn from them..
infact army training hould be made compulsory for every citizen to make them more competent

Re: Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand 3 years, 5 months ago #1744

• poojad
  • Expert
I couldn't agree m more. A lot of countries have training with the army compulsory. That is a good way of making people aware and confident so that they too can be prepared for such calamities and survive till they get help. Unfortunately even our skilled soldiers don't get enough infrastructure. Its a sad state

Re: Failed disaster management in Uttrakhand 3 years, 5 months ago #1746

All countries should perhaps learn from Japan.
The kind of preparation they have and the kind of calamity they faced and recovered showed tremedous preparedness. they are in a much more sensitive zone that perhsaps any other country. despite that they manage to overcome hurdles and obstacles.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds