Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me

World of tablets is hotting up.....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: World of tablets is hotting up.....

World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 8 months ago #293

With lenovo also announcing launch of its tablet pc, lepad, will this be a year of tablets...

Re: World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 8 months ago #294

• poojad
  • Expert
yes, i think this year we will see lot of companies coming out with tablets. Even Indian companies like lava, zen are not far behind. they have also announced their plans to foray in this segment with one of them launching the base model at INR 10000.

Re: World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 8 months ago #295

the tablet market is technically more akin to the smartphone than the laptop. What does it mean for marketer? It means, there will be mobile marketing-based opportunities for marketers targeting the "always on the grid" mobile consumer.

Re: World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 8 months ago #296

I have one question. Why will a consumer go for a tablet when all the functions performed by tablet can be performed by a smartphone. With a smartphone you get a more portable device which can be used for basic phone functionality as well which is missing in tablets and moreover tablets are not meant for that. I as a consumer would rather go for smartphone than a tablet....what do you think guys
Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by prateekrocks.

Re: World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 8 months ago #297

• poojad
  • Expert
I believe, smartphones are scaled down versions of tablets. Tablets have advantage over smartphones in terms of processor, rams etc owing to their large size. As the technology evolves, tablets will become more powerful than the smartphones. Smartphones will just become scaled down version of tablets. What can happen in future is that, tablets may replace laptops....but smartphones and tablets are two separate categories which cannot be compared. At this time when tablets are still evolving.... we can say that smartphones have all capability that a tablet has but remember tablets are still evolving. Mobile phones were introduced more than a decade ago but tablet have just been introduced. Give them sometime to replace almighty laptops...

Re: World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 8 months ago #300

I agree that the line between devices is becoming fuzzy. Like with android, smartphones, tablets all work similarly and are inter compatible. Similarly iphone and ipad are also similar.
Basically future is of smart devices whether phones or tablets or something new.

Re: World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 7 months ago #330

But Blackberry's tablet playbook didnt do as good as expected

Re: World of tablets is hotting up..... 5 years, 7 months ago #331

• Vasu
  • Fresher
Actually the sales figures of Playbook is suggesting something else......they have done better than all the android tablets.....maybe it was their PR team which screwed up the launch completely....for a product to be a success there has to be a positive word of mouth from the media which was unfortunately missing as the tablet neared it's launch...

But the tablet market is totally skewed in Apple's favor. So we can say the fight is between IPad and the rest. Unless android comes up with something exciting it is curtains for all these tablets
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by Vasu.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds