Email Password: Remember me

Will nokia be able to catch up in smartphones sgmt
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will nokia be able to catch up in smartphones sgmt

Will nokia be able to catch up in smartphones sgmt 5 years, 8 months ago #314

• Kartik
  • Senior
In the age of android phones and iphones.......will nokia be able to survive this onslaught or will it remain a dominant player in cheaper phone segment

Re: Will nokia be able to catch up in smartphones sgmt 5 years, 8 months ago #315

With their collaboration with microsoft, they can regain their lost ground. Time will only tell whether this proves a smart move.

Re: Will nokia be able to catch up in smartphones sgmt 5 years, 7 months ago #328

I didnt get one point. Nokia is a handset manufacturer mainly so what was the issue launching handsets with android. Many people have an emotional connect with Nokia so they will definitely go and buy a nice nokia-android set. I am not too sure about Nokia Windows 7 set though.

Re: Will nokia be able to catch up in smartphones sgmt 5 years, 7 months ago #333

Hi, good question, something am sure the Nokia guys would be wanting to find out too . Well, I believe that partnering with Microsoft they sure have made their intentions clear that they don't wanna leave it too late...but, then why Microsoft?? they haven't really got the earth shaking in the smart phone market isn't it...well my educated guess would be that Nokia wants to play it different....from Samsung to Sony Ericson, LG.......to..Micromax all having their models on Android, if I was Nokia, I would be thinking how can I differentiate my self..though I haven't used the Android phones from Samsung, SE, LG or any other brand, I wouldn't be surprised if they more or less offer similar features and not to mention, look and feel....so, hopefully the MS partnership will work for Nokia, they sure have a huge base already established, so should largely work for them from a sales perspective as long as they are able to offer something unique. If it works, it will help MS make some headway too which they are finding it a lil difficult at the moment.
My Take : Though they are late, but, they should catch up

Re: Will nokia be able to catch up in smartphones sgmt 5 years, 7 months ago #338

I agree with Vishal....at the moment android market is totally cluttered with so many brands...we all know microsoft is well known for their user interface. It will be win win situation for both of them as both of them will complement each other. More than microsoft needing nokia, its other way round. IF u look at the tablet market, sony just announced two tablet pcs of which one of them is quite different from already cluttered android tablets. You dont if it may become hot selling tablet in future. At least sony tried something else even at the cost of entering late in the market. Similarly u may never know what nokia comes with...do u think they should also enter in the tablet space with windows platform???
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds