Welcome, Guest
Email Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: iPhone launched in India

iPhone launched in India 5 years, 6 months ago #396

• vidya_mba
  • Expert
Last when iphone was launched in India, it was not a success. Can apple pull it off this time. Its prices very steeply at INR 34,500. Do you think it will make a success...

Re: iPhone launched in India 5 years, 6 months ago #397

• Tarunkool
  • Expert
you mean iphone 4 rt ?

This time even airtel and aircel have come up with US like plans. in which you actually take the phone for free and pay for the network. Lock in type. lets see whether this works in India.
Tarun Kool
Passionate about Arsenal

Re: iPhone launched in India 5 years, 6 months ago #398

these are not US like plans, i think you have to buy the handset entirely for 34,500 and then pay monthly rentels of at least 600.....this is very expensive...i dont know who will buy this...

Re: iPhone launched in India 5 years, 6 months ago #410

In US, the phones are locked to a particular carrier and subscriber cannot change the carrier for at least 2 years. Hence, the subscriber do not pay for entire cost of the instrument but only pay for only portion of that. He then pays monthly rentals which are higher than usual as it also include instrument cost.

But in India, its the reverse way. Since, the iphone gets unlocked illegally in India, carriers like airtel, aircel etc charge full cost of the instrument. But give some discount on the monthly rentals. For example instead of monthly rental of 1000, u may have to pay 700 or 800.

But due to very high outflow of money initially, i am not sure how many ppl will go for such plans...

Re: iPhone launched in India 5 years, 6 months ago #415

Recently Samsung galaxy S2 has been launched. I can think it can give tough competition to iphone 4.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds