An American multinational company, Apple was founded in 1976 in Cupertino, California, United States by Ronald Wayne, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
It was started to sell and develop personal computers and now is known for developing, designing and selling online services, computer software, and consumer electronics besides personal computers. In the hardware segment some it’s well known products are the iPod media player, the iPad tablet computer, the Mac computers, the iPhone Smartphone and the Apple watch smartwatch. Consumer software include Ios and OS X operating systems, the Safari Web browser, the iTunes media browser and productivity and creativity suites like iLife and iWork. Finally Apple offers the iTunes Store, the App Store and iCloud online services.
Led by Tim Cook, in 2014 Apple became the first US company which was valued at about $700 billion. Apple employs 98,000 employees, has 437 stores for retailing in 15 countries and owns the world’s largest online music retailer: iTunes Store. Apple is committed to giving the best personal computing experience to the users by using innovation in hardware, software and internet offerings as a medium. Using collaboration and team work Apple constantly focuses on innovation.
Profits: $44.5 B
Market Value: $741.8 B
Liked the List? Share
1. Top 19 companies were chosen according to following cut off values:
Sales: $50 B
Profits: $10 B
Assets: $200 B
Market Value: $100 B
2. For the 19 companies the profits and market value parameters were considered.
3. Median for these parameters was found and the values were converted to a value relative to the median by: (Value of the company for that parameter)/(Median Value).
4. The values obtained in 3 for both the parameters for a company were added.
5. Companies were arranged in descending order of cumulative values and top 10 were found.