ITC was founded in 1910 as Imperial Tobacco Company of India.
It is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. The company started with the business in tobacco sector but later it diversified its business to other sectors as well. Currently the company operates in five segments which are; FMCG, Hotels, Paperboards & Packaging, Agribusiness and Information technology. ITC is the market leader in the cigarettes business in India with about more than 80 percent of the market share. Also major food brands of ITC include Aashirvaad, Sunfeast, Candyman, Bingo etc. ITC’s personal care major brands include Fiama Di Wills, Vivel, Superia etc. ITC features its products in the apparels sector as well, the major brands of which includes Wills Lifestyle, John Players. ITC is the largest company in the FMCG sector in India in terms of sales, profits, assets and market capitalization.
Sales: Rs 33238.60 cr
Profits: Rs 8785.21 cr
Assets: Rs 25293.47 cr
Market Capitalization: Rs 266035.09 cr
Liked the List? Share
1. Top 12 FMCG companies in India are selected according to sales, profits, assets and market capitalization.
2. Companies are sorted and separate lists of rankings are prepared according to sales, profits, assets and market capitalization.
3. Points are awarded to the companies according to their ranks with top company in a list given highest points, that is, 100 points.
4. Other companies in the list are given points according to the formula (new company/top company)* 100.
5. Points in different lists for a company are added to get the final points for a company.
6. The companies are then sorted from largest to smallest according to the final points.
7. Top 10 companies are then selected to prepare the original list.