BP plc, a British multinational company, is one of the world’s six major oil and gas companies.
• Revenue: $352.75 B
• Market Value: $120.8 B
It is headquartered in London, UK. It offers fuel for transportation, energy for heat, light, lubricants and petrochemical products used to produce paints, clothes and packaging. It operates in around 80 countries across the globe and employs around 84,500 employees. BP produces around 3.2 million barrels of oil per day and has a refinery throughput of 1721 thousand barrels per day.
BP operates through two major segments – upstream and downstream to find, develop and produce essential sources of energy, turning them into necessary products and create value across the hydrocarbon value chain. Its portfolio of major brands includes – BP, Aral, Castrol, ampm and Wild Bean Café. The global BP brand appears on production platforms, refineries, ships, wind farms and research facilities. Since its inception in 1920, BP has grown to become recognized worldwide for quality gasoline, transport fuels, chemicals and alternative sources of energy such as wind and biofuels.
Liked the List? Share
The companies are ranked according to the criteria as described below.
1. 29 top companies in the UK are selected according to minimum revenue ($10 B) and minimum market value ($10 B).
2. These companies are ranked according to Revenue only, and Market Value only i.e. two separate rank lists are prepared.
3. Points were assigned to each company in these two lists depending upon their ranks. For example, in the list sorted according to revenue, rank 1 company, which has highest revenue, is assigned 100 points. Rank 2 company assigned points according to the ratio of its revenue with rank 1 company’s revenue.
[Points assigned to rank 2 company = (Revenue of rank 2 company/ revenue of rank 1 company) * 100]
4. Step 3 is repeated for assigning points to remaining companies and the other list.
5. Points obtained from the two lists are added for each company by giving equal weight to revenue, and market value.