Top 10 Information Technology (IT) Companies in USA 2015
Posted in Top Brand Lists, Total Reads: 8578
Microsoft founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in the year 1975 has been headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
Revenue: $ 93.3 Billion
Net Profit: $ 20.7 Billion
Market Capitalisation: $ 340.8 Billion
It is home to nearly one hundred thirty thousand employees and is present CEO is Satya Nadella. Major products coming from Microsoft includes Windows Operating Systems, Office, Internet Explorer, Server, Skype (video calling), Visual Studio, Microsoft Dynamics (Enterprise Software), Azure, Xbox (video game industry), Mobile etc. Known services offered by Microsoft includes MSN, Bing search engine, One Drive, MSDN, outlook.com, TechNet. The Enterprise Solution offered by Microsoft provides many industry related solutions helping organizations to get away with costly customizations and developments. Retail, Public Sector and Government, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Telecommunication are the sectors in which Microsoft dynamics has given proven results. It is world’s one of the most valuable company. As part of its growth strategy it is continuing to make a lot of corporate acquisitions with Skype Technologies being the largest acquisition till date.
Liked the List? Share
The Methodology used to rank the companies are mentioned below:
• All the US IT companies having at least $ 2000 Million (Revenue), Positive Profit and $ 2500 Million (Market Capitalization) are considered as a first level cut-off to consider them for ranking.
• For each parameter, highlighted in bold above, the companies are arranged in ascending order individually i.e. 3 different ascending order list for 3 different parameters.
• The process of normalisation is then followed, For example: the company with highest revenue is assigned 100 points. All the others companies in the revenue list is then assigned points with respect to the leader in that list.
Like the second companies points are; (Total Revenue of the Company / Total Revenue of 1st Company) * 100.
Similarly the third company points are assigned keeping the denominator same as above.
• Similar process is followed for other two parameters i.e. Profits and Market Capitalization.
• Finally a consolidated list is prepared where the points obtained from all the three parameters are added. Maximum possible score which can be obtained by a company is 300.
• The list of top 10 companies is then prepared based on the points obtained by them. The company getting the maximum point is assigned top rank and so on till all 10 companies are obtained.