Here is a list of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in USA in 2015. US is the largest market of pharmaceuticals in the world. Also, it is the leader in the Biopharmaceutical research. In a survey report of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA), majority of the world’s r&d in pharmaceuticals and biochemical are conducted by the US pharmaceutical giants and they hold the IPR(Intellectual property rights) of most new generic medicines. Approximately 3400 biochemical compounds are under research of the US pharma laboratories out of 5200 currently on going medicinal developments and research, worldwide – Which is significantly higher than any other regions of the world.
Industry Served: Bio pharmaceuticals
Founded in the year: 2013
Headquartered in: Illinoi, United states
Area of operation: Globally
CEO: Richard A. Gonzalez
• Highly research oriented Bio Pharmaceutical company
• It born out of the dismantling of Abbott laboratories, in 2011
• It is the research based bio-pharmaceutical manufacturer
• Separation completed with Abbott in 2013
• It is listed in NYSE
• They are planning to acquire oncology firm Pharmacyclics
• Its research and development works are primarily done with the collaboration with infinity pharmaceuticals, calico, halozyme therapeutics
• It has 13 manufacturing facilities and 7 state of art research hub across the globe
Key products: Androgel, Biaxin, Creon, Gengraf, Kaletra, Lupron, Marinol etc.