• It’s a public company, founded in the year of 1849 and is headquartered in New York, USA.
• Ian Read is the present CEO of the company.
• Its multinational existence makes it a globally existing pharmaceutical company that specializes in the domain of immunology, oncology, cardiology, Neurology, etc.
• Among its numerous acquisitions, Warner–Lambert in 2000, Pharmacia in 2003 and Wyeth in 2009. are most important in the history of the company.
• It is listed on NYSE and also it is a component of Dow Jones Industrial Average.
• Pfizer's research and development activities segregated into two major groups: the PharmaTherapeutics Research & Development Group, that concentrates on the discovery of micro bio molecules and related modalities; and the BioTherapeutics Research & Development Group, that focuses on large molecular research, including vaccines.
• In 2007, Pfizer invested $8.1 billion in research and development. This is considered to be the largest investment in the research and development by any pharmaceutical company. It also has an animal health research division in Sandwich.
Key products: Its extended product portfolio includes Zoloft, Flagyl, Dyflucan, Zyvox etc.