Top 10 Information Technology (IT) Companies in World 2016
Posted in Top Brand Lists, Total Reads: 27479
IBM is one of the giants of technology and is the largest IT company. IBM is a brand which has stood the tests of time and reinvented itself every time.
IBM which was once seen as a computer maker only is now an IT services giant. IBM sold its PC business to Lenovo to concentrate on enterprise IT service business but It still manufactures and sells Servers, storage in hardware.
IBM started in 1911 as CTR but over the years it became International Business Machines and eventually just IBM.
Under its IT services it offers :
1. Business Consulting
2. Application Development and Innovation
3. Business Analytics & Strategy
4. Big Data & Analytics and more
It also offers services to all industry verticals like BFSI, Retail, Manufacturing etc. Because of its extensive services and global reach, IBM is the leading IT service provider in the world.
Revenue: 72155 Million $
Profit: 11691 Million $
1) 16 IT Companies from around the world with global footprint were taken in the sample.
2) The Revenue and Profit figures were analysed through Annual reports and quarterly results for the latest Fiscal year.
3) The companies were sorted on a composite factor ( 65% Revenue and 35% Profit Weightage)