Every once in a generation comes along a person or a handful of people who not only question the rationale of science but change it radically and leave the world in awe. Passion to excel, compassion to make the world a united place and fervour to not let go even when the odds are stacked against you is what defines our most coveted event TEDxSIBMBengaluru, an independently organised event licensed by TED. It is scheduled on February 18, 2017 at Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Electronic City, Phase-1, Bengaluru, India.
The theme of the event is ‘Beyond Imagination’. The theme aims to portray the sentiment that there is no limit to the creative ideas that can be generated. The theme also aims to debunk the myth that the world is running out of ideas. Stalwarts from various fields will be speaking about their area of expertise.
The speakers include:
- Balaji Viswanathan– The Founder and CEO of Be Limtless Inc and Zingfin.com. Balaji has written more than 3,480 answers and has 251.9k followers on Quora as of January 15, 2017.
- Deepak Solanki– He has worked with start-ups and is also the founder and CEO of Velmenni. He created several commercial products which includes Traffic Light Down-Counters and Vehicle Tracking System.
- Ehsaan Noorani- He is a musician, guitarist and an entertainer. Ehsaan Noorani was a co judge in India’s first English singing show called The Stage produced by Viacom and aired on Colours Infinity.
- Major General Gagandeep Bakshi- A retiredIndian Army He was awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal for commanding a battalion in operations in Kargil.
- Kapil Shelke- The entrepreneur and CEO of Tork Motorcycles, he has developed one of the most innovative electric vehicle in the market which can run above 100KM in a single charge.
- Bindeshwar Pathak- The founder of Sulabh International, he has received 70 different awards including the Padma Bhushan, Humanitarian award of NY global leaders dialogue and many more.
- Pandit Milind Tulankar- The Jaltarang artist, he was influenced by his grandfather. His art has been appreciated in many concerts and has received many awards for the same.
- Saurav Ghoshal- A professional squash player with a world ranking of 15. He has also received the Arjuna Award in 2007.
- Prakash Belaadi- He is actor, filmmaker, activist, journalist and entertainer and is the co-founder of Centre for Film and Drama and launched the Suchitra School of Cinema and Dramatic Arts.
- Sunaina Pamudurthy- She, is an avid traveller and a fierce supporter of children rights. She is a social activist and a MAD Activist.
- Samit Choksi- He is a social entrepreneur and the Co-founder of Thinkphi. Prior to this he has co-founded and worked at various start-ups in India and Silicon Valley as a software architect and developer.
- Sameer Dhanrajani- A Global Business Leader at Cognizant Technology Solutions who pioneered the Customer Risk & Operations Analytics framework (CRO) at Cognizant Analytics.
The event is open to public and has a limited audience seating of 100. It is a full-day event commencing from 10 AM till 6 PM. The event details are available on our official event website www.tedxsibmbengaluru.com and social media pages like Facebook and Twitter.