Pakistan International Airline SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Pakistan International Airline analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Pakistan International Airline SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Pakistan International Airline to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Pakistan International Airline is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the Pakistan International Airline SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Pakistan International Airline competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pakistan International Airline:
1. Highest market share at domestic network 2. Being the oldest airline of Pakistan, it has a very strong brand image in the domestic market 3. Subsidized fares makes it possible for the Airline to provide services at affordable prices
4. Strategic location of main hub at Karachi, Pakistan's capital, makes it possible to serve various domestic and international destinations
Pakistan International Airline Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Pakistan International Airline SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of integrated brand promotions as compared to competitors 2. Old aging fleet of PIA causing higher operating cost 3. Loyalty programs not being used to the fullest
Pakistan International Airline Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Pakistan International Airline SWOT Analysis:
1. PIA has largest domestic network and by proper route allocation, PIA can generate huge amount of revenue with higher profit. 2. Due to subsidized fares, it can maintain a competitive edge over its competitors 3. Proper use of loyalty programs can lead to increased customer loyalty
Pakistan International Airline Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pakistan International Airline are as mentioned:
1. Negative perception about the country regarding terrorism 2. Political instability in the country makes it difficult to expand reach due to changing rules and regulations 3. Effective branding strategies adopted by competitors will dilute its brand image in the global market
Pakistan International Airline Competition
Pakistan International Airline Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Pakistan International Airline:
1. Emirates 2. Shaheen Air International 3. Saudi Arabian Airlines
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pakistan International Airline. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute