Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of US Airways analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In US Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like US Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. US Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top US Airways competitors and includes US Airways target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of US Airways:
1. Highly satisfied customer base and hence high brand loyalty
2. Strong dominance in the east cost of America 3. Wide reach with a fleet of 330+ mainline jet aircraft and 280+ regional jet and turbo-prop aircraft connecting over 200 destinations in North America, South America, Europe and the Middle East.
4. Ranked as a top in On-Time performance among major North American airlines. 5. Good presence and operations pan USA
US Airways Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the US Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Hubs are smaller than other airline hubs, which creates a bottleneck for the transfer of passengers 2. High maintenance cost because of the large fleet size
US Airways Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in US Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Establish a point-to-point service instead of the hub system thus reducing waiting time of the customers 2. Tie-up with financially stable companies like FedEx in order to improve financial position of the company 3. Global tie-ups can be a potential opportunity
US Airways Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of US Airways are as mentioned:
1. Fluctuations in economy causing decline in air travel demand 2. Increasing Oil prices and labor cost 3. Its increasingly difficult to differentiate among its competitors as there are many regional and foreign players in American airline industry
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to US Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute