TAM Airlines SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of TAM Airlines analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In TAM Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like TAM Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. TAM Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top TAM Airlines competitors and includes TAM Airlines target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TAM Airlines:
1. It was the first airline to introduce a frequent flier program in Brazil which is now used by around 9 million people 2. With a fleet size of over 150+, it has a strong presence in Brazil, Paraguay, Europe, North and South America. 3. Merging with LAN Airlines has made it possible to serve more destinations with better efficiency
4. TAM was the first Brazilian airline to get an IOSA certification (International Operational Safety Audit) granted by IATA (International Air Transport Association) 5. Provides flights to 60+ destinations
TAM Airlines Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the TAM Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Very less presence in large Europe and Asian market 2. TAM is highly dependent upon the macroeconomic stability and government intervention in Brazil
TAM Airlines Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in TAM Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in Asian market 2. Leverage merger with LAN airlines to strengthen presence in American market 3. Establishing kiosks in subways of Brazil to cancel/book tickets and hence increase accessibility for Brazilian population
4. Leverage association with Casas Bahia, Brazil's largest non-food retailer to attract low-income customers
TAM Airlines Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TAM Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Strong competition in Europe and America
2. Increasing Fuel and Labor cost 3. Fluctuating economic scenario of BRIC affecting number of flyers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TAM Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the Brand or Add a New One : Contribute to BrandGuide