Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of AirTran Airways analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In AirTran Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AirTran Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. AirTran Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the AirTran Airways SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top AirTran Airways competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AirTran Airways:
1. One of the most identifiable brand names in the airline industry in the United States. 2. Being under Southwest Airlines it makes it possible for AirTran to provide service to several leisure destinations such as Cancún, Montego Bay and Aruba 3. High customer satisfaction rate
4. Good customer base owing to low fares and good service
AirTran Airways Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the AirTran Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Highly dependent on domestic market 2. AirTran is only available mainly in the eastern United States, thus losing out customers willing to travel westwards
3. Aging fleet is an area of concern
AirTran Airways Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in AirTran Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. AirTran has a major opportunity to expand drastically its US presence by moving airport terminals westward 2. In order to gain and keep loyal customer it needs to improve its airline quality rating (AQR) 3. In order to differentiate itself, AirTran can increase use of technology for its in-flight service like ipods hooked up in every seat
AirTran Airways Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AirTran Airways are as mentioned:
1. Political policies enforced by the US and other countries in which AirTran operates can have a huge impact on the company as a whole 2. Labor strikes and Increasing fuel cost 3. Increased number of low cost carriers in the United States
AirTran Airways Competition
AirTran Airways Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of AirTran Airways:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AirTran Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute