AirTran Airways SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of AirTran Airways, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AirTran Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. AirTran Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the AirTran Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the AirTran Airways SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For AirTran Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of AirTran Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AirTran Airways :
1. One of the most identifiable brand names in the airline industry in the United States.
2. Being under Southwest Airlines it makes it possible for AirTran to provide service to several leisure destinations such as Cancún, Montego Bay and Aruba
3. High customer satisfaction rate
4. Good customer base owing to low fares and good service
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the AirTran Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Highly dependent on domestic market
2. AirTran is only available mainly in the eastern United States, thus losing out customers willing to travel westwards
3. Aging fleet is an area of concern
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in AirTran Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. AirTran has a major opportunity to expand drastically its US presence by moving airport terminals westward
2. In order to gain and keep loyal customer it needs to improve its airline quality rating (AQR)
3. In order to differentiate itself, AirTran can increase use of technology for its in-flight service like ipods hooked up in every seat
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AirTran Airways are as mentioned:
1. Political policies enforced by the US and other countries in which AirTran operates can have a huge impact on the company as a whole
2. Labor strikes and Increasing fuel cost
3. Increased number of low cost carriers in the United States
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of AirTran Airways:
2. Delta Airlines
3. Air Jamaica
Hence this concludes the AirTran Airways SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|AirTran Airways Overview|
Go. There's nothing stopping you
Quality service at very cheap rates
|AirTran Airways STP|
Customers looking for cost effectiveness
Low income groups/ middle class
Low cost carrier
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AirTran Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us