Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Alitalia Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Alitalia Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Alitalia Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Alitalia Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the Alitalia Airlines SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Alitalia Airlines competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Alitalia Airlines:
1. With a fleet size of 120 it serves 85+ destinations in 41 countries worldwide 2. It has a high market share (based on seat capacity) in the domestic market with a high top of the mind brand recall 3. Alitalia was nominated as Europe's most punctual airline and as one of the world's five most punctual airlines
4. Carries nearly 25 million passengers per annum
Alitalia Airlines Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Alitalia Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. The airline was almost dissolved and relaunched in 2009, although it has seen positive growth, restructuring of the airline is in process and hence operational efficiencies are not optimal
2. Limited presence outside Europe compared to leading international airlines
Alitalia Airlines Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Alitalia Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage ownership of LCC Air One to tap low income group customers 2. Leverage association with Air-France to further increase its reach 3. More international destinations and aggressive advertising
Alitalia Airlines Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Alitalia Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Increasing number of LCCs 2. Rising aviation fuel and labour cost 3. Unfavorable govt and aviation policies
Alitalia Airlines Competition
Alitalia Airlines Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Alitalia Airlines:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Alitalia Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute