Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of LAN Airways analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In LAN Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like LAN Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. LAN Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the LAN Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the LAN Airways SWOT Analysis:
For LAN Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
LAN Airways Strengths
The strengths of LAN Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of LAN Airways :
1. With a fleet size of150+ it serves 30+ international destinations 2. It has a unique cargo-passenger integration with cargo making up of nearly one-third of its revenue 3. It operates as a no frills airline in the domestic Chilean market and hence its demand is drastically increasing over the years
4. It has a unique association with JetBlue wherein customers can buy only one ticket and enjoy travelling on JetBlue and LAN to number of destinations
LAN Airways Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the LAN Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. It has a very well established Cargo service but it is underutilized in the domestic market 2. Though the airline is a big player in Latin American market, it has a weak presence in Asia
LAN Airways Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in LAN Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage acquisition of AIRES, the second largest carrier of Colombia 2. Additional revenue from increasing international cargo traffic 3. It has 100+ subsidiaries and revenue from each of them can be used to further expand business in Asian market
LAN Airways Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of LAN Airways are as mentioned:
1. The airline is dealing with cargo-price fixing investigations 2. Intense competition specially form LCCs 3. Rising aviation fuel prices
LAN Airways Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of LAN Airways:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LAN Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute