Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Monarch Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Monarch Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Monarch Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Monarch Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Monarch Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Monarch Airlines SWOT Analysis:
For Monarch Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Monarch Airlines Strengths
The strengths of Monarch Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Monarch Airlines :
1. Excellent customer service records with a capacity of 6+ million customers annually
2. Huge fleet consisting of 40+ large capacity aircrafts
3. Economies of scale in aircraft maintenance owing to single category fleet
4. Large geographical presence across 100+ destinations in Europe.
5. Strong online and social media presence
6. Cheap holiday packages
Monarch Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Monarch Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Absence of small capacity fleet
2. Operating air-bases are cost ineffective
3. Declining customer traffic over last few years
Monarch Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Monarch Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Procure smaller fleet for their charter services
2. Persisting global meltdown is favoring low cost airlines to flourish
3. Increasing geographic presence can open more opportunities
Monarch Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Monarch Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Increasing fuel prices make low fare operations infeasible
2. Airbus’ inability to cater to Monarch’s order, stalling capital
3. Highly volatile fuel prices and rising air taxes in UK
4. Global meltdown encouraging rail travel within Europe
Monarch Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Monarch Airlines:
2. Easy Jet
Hence this concludes the Monarch Airlines SWOT analysis.
One of the world’s largest privately held airlines
Monarch Airlines STP
Primarily budget customers, and few leisure travelers
Vacation travelers, price sensitive passengers
Low cost to mid-range carrier
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Monarch Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute