Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of JTEKT analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In JTEKT SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JTEKT to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. JTEKT is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the JTEKT SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the JTEKT SWOT Analysis:
For JTEKT, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of JTEKT looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JTEKT :
1. To supply products that reflect the requirements of specific regions, they established a technical center in Brazil
2. Iga Test Course allows them to perform evaluations of steering systems, drive trains and bearing units using automobiles under actual driving conditions. With this facility they will create even better proposals and more competitive products 3. Implementing a program to shorten delivery times to one-third of current times by arranging production lines in a fishbone-shaped layout. 4. Higher sales of automobiles in Japan because of the eco-car subsidy
5. Close to 40,000 are employed with the company
6. Strong backing of parent company Toyota
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the JTEKT SWOT Analysis:
1. Smaller business units and profitability fluctuations is a concern 2. Issue bearing transactions that allegedly violated the Antimonopoly Act of Japan and the fair competition laws of other countries hurt brand image
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in JTEKT SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing economies can be tapped 2. For the global market, they continue to pursue business development to aim for significant advances in the fields of industrial machinery and machine tools.
3. Growing demand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JTEKT are as mentioned:
1. Increasing rates of interest 2. External business risks 3. Increasing costs of operations can reduce the margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of JTEKT:
Contributing to the happiness of people and the abundance of society through product manufacturing
Products tailored to the different requirements of each region
Auto / Industrial replacement parts
Automobile manufacturers and heavy machinery industries
Supplier of parts for a wide range of products for both automobiles and heavy industries
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JTEKT. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute