Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Falken Tires analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Falken Tires SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Falken Tires to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Falken Tires is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Falken Tires SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Falken Tires SWOT Analysis:
For Falken Tires, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Falken Tires Strengths
The strengths of Falken Tires looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Falken Tires :
1. A Sumitomo Rubber industries brand, native from Japan and later introduced in North America. 2. Good portfolio and brand image 3. Strong urges to provide superlative performance 4. High Focus on Motorsports and all terrain and weather tires 5. Has official tie-ups with brands like Subaru, Suzuki and Daihatsu
Falken Tires Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Falken Tires SWOT Analysis:
1. Not much visibility in Africa and South Asian Countries-emerging economies 2. Market share is declining with more stiff competition
Falken Tires Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Falken Tires SWOT Analysis:
1.They have growth opportunity in emerging economies like India, China, Brazil etc. 2. Their successful branding as the most Eco-friendly tire company may take them a long way. 3. Opportunity to diversify more strategically to mitigate the risk of putting all the eggs in one basket and advertising that also.
Falken Tires Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Falken Tires are as mentioned:
1.There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. Japanese and US economies are not growing much and have reached a maturity phase 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels. 5. Volatility of raw material prices
6. Fluctuation of exchange rates
Falken Tires Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Falken Tires:
High performance demanding-Truck/bus, SUV and passenger cars, bikes
High Performance products, All terrain all weather products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Falken Tires. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute