Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Caterham Cars analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Caterham Cars SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Caterham Cars to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Caterham Cars is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the Caterham Cars SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Caterham Cars competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Specialist in Light weight thus high power to weight ratio
Caterham Cars STP
For racing enthusiasts
For racing enthusiasts who also like to tinker with their vehicles
Vehicle which engages the driver & is light weight
SWOT Analysis of Caterham Cars
Caterham Cars Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Caterham Cars:
1. They have been able to stay with the original positioning over the years 2. Track as well as well suited for street use 3. Classic design with futuristic technology 4. Pure track based vehicles like the SP/300R
5. High performance car which is also a performer in racing events
Caterham Cars Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Caterham Cars SWOT Analysis:
1. Due to low cost & low power (though low weight means high power to weight ratio) it has failed to attract the affluent who more engaged in track days 2. Its practice of selling vehicles in kit form does not appeal to all the group of people buying sports car 3. Brand is limited to smaller geography and isn't popular as a conventional car
Caterham Cars Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Caterham Cars SWOT Analysis:
1. Its new range of vehicles which it plans to launch like the SP/300R will attract new group of people which refrained from a Caterham since they had to build it 2. Emerging markets like India where race tracks & other similar infrastructure is on rise are geographical opportunities 3. They can further leverage the success of Lotus GP F1 team to enhance their brand
Caterham Cars Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Caterham Cars are as mentioned:
1. Increasing fuel prices 2. Macro-economic factors which are making people averse to spending esp. discretionary spend
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Caterham Cars. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute