Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Rural Electrification Corporation Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Rural Electrification Corporation Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Rural Electrification Corporation Limited is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Rural Electrification Corporation Limited SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Rural Electrification Corporation Limited SWOT Analysis:
SWOT Analysis of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited
For Rural Electrification Corporation Limited, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited :
1. Strong financial backing: A Government Enterprise 2. Building reputation: Company among the top 500 Global Financial Services brands 3. Recognized a Navratna company, which gives it autonomy to drive its growth 4. Accorded hightest safety ratings by CRISIL, FITCH and CARE 5. Provides loans to Central/ State Sector Power Utilities, State Electricity Boards, Rural Electric Cooperatives, NGOs and Private Power Developers 6. Offers services like investment and private banking, asset management
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Rural Electrification Corporation Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Susceptible to political intervention
2. Pressure of paying consistent dividends due to government being the major shareholder
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Rural Electrification Corporation Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Plans to undertake rural electrification programs in other countries
2. Expansion through mergers, acquisitions and investments and other entities
Rural Electrification Corporation Limited Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited are as mentioned:
1. Lenders defaulting on loans. Big defaults are costly to the company as they put pressure on profit margin 2. Lag in time of structuring deals due to environmental(such as political, social, economic, technical, legal, etc) factors 3. Affected by regulatory and legal changes
Leading public Infrastructure Finance Company in India’s power sector.
Rural Electrification Corporation Limited STP
State Electricity Boards, State Government Departments and Rural Electric Cooperatives
State Electricity Boards, State Government Departments and Rural Electric Cooperatives looking for financing rural electrification projects.
Facilitate in formulation of schemes, loan sanction and disbursement and implementation of schemes by the concerned SEBs/State Power Utilities.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Rural Electrification Corporation Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute