Sberbank of Russia SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sberbank of Russia analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sberbank of Russia SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sberbank of Russia to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sberbank of Russia is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Sberbank of Russia SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Sberbank of Russia SWOT Analysis:
For Sberbank of Russia, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Sberbank of Russia Strengths
The strengths of Sberbank of Russia looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sberbank of Russia :
1. Sberbank today is one of the largest credit institution in Russia and CIS 2. Over a quarter of total banking assets in Russia, about half of retail deposits, about one-third of retail & corporate lending 3. The largest branch network in Russia — over 20,000 offices,
260,000 employees 4. 300 million individual accounts vs. 140 million country population.
5. The Bank has the highest national scale rating of AAA
Sberbank of Russia Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sberbank of Russia SWOT Analysis:
1. Speculation of governance failure due to Russia’s Central Bank Stake 2. Contraction on its balance sheet due to strengthening of the ruble against the U.S. dollar and the euro
Sberbank of Russia Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sberbank of Russia SWOT Analysis:
1. Better Cross Sales 2. Better relationship management 3. Simplification of business processes
4. It can acquire small regional banks in India to tap the rural population where the potential and growth are maximum
5. It can also acquire or enter into strategic alliance in South Africa or Brazil to tap the developing nation market
Sberbank of Russia Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sberbank of Russia are as mentioned:
1. The macroeconomic situation 2. Growing competition in the Russian financial sector 3. The risk of cost/income ratio deterioration
Sberbank of Russia Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Sberbank of Russia:
1. Alfa Group Consortium 2. Deutsche Bank Ltd 3. MDM Bank
Hence this concludes the Sberbank of Russia SWOT analysis.
Largest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe. (Undisputed Leader)
Sberbank of Russia STP
Institutions and Entrepreneurs looking for any financial assistance.
Families, Corporate, Small entrepreneurs.
It is a bank for the local people for all their needs.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sberbank of Russia. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute