Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Swedbank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Swedbank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Swedbank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Swedbank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Swedbank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Swedbank SWOT Analysis:
For Swedbank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Swedbank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Swedbank :
1. Leading bank in Nordic – Baltic region serving more than 9.5 million retail customers and over 630,000 corporate customers 2. One of the top 4 banks in Sweden with over 17,000 employees 3. Swedbank is the Most Reputable Large Company in Estonia 2012 4. Dividend yield is greater than the industry and sector scores
5. Return on Equity (ROE) is high when compared to industry and sector scores
6.Swedbank has the highest capital ratio of any of the Nordic banks
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Swedbank SWOT Analysis:
1. Significant revenue comes from retail banking and less revenue comes from other offerings 2.Return on Assets (ROA) is below the industry and sector scores
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Swedbank SWOT Analysis:
1. High opportunity to expand into other European countries through acquisitions 2.Can leverage the acquisition of Allied Irish’s mortgage portfolio to expand in Latvia and increase business 3.High opportunity to grow in Corporate banking to compete with other Swedish banks
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Swedbank are as mentioned:
1. Uncertainty in Euro zone 2. Regulatory changes in Euro zone will affect the bank 3. Increase in competition from other European banks
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Swedbank:
We believe in a traditional banking model focused on close customer relationships and advice
Institutional and individual clients
Private individuals, small and medium sized companies, corporate clients
Bank helping people and businesses to achieve a solid financial stability
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Swedbank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute