Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Banco do Brasil analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Banco do Brasil SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Banco do Brasil to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Banco do Brasil is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Banco do Brasil SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Banco do Brasil SWOT Analysis:
For Banco do Brasil, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Banco do Brasil Strengths
The strengths of Banco do Brasil looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Banco do Brasil :
1. Leader in Retail banking in Brazil with approx 120,000 employees 2. Third largest bank in Brazil in terms of market share 3. Return on Assets (ROA) is high when compared to industry and sector average 4. Return on Equity (ROE) is high when compared to industry and sector average
5. Bank with the largest distribution network of banking services in Brazil
6. Bank with high focus on innovation
Banco do Brasil Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Banco do Brasil SWOT Analysis:
1. The bank has limited global presence as compared to a few other leading global banks 2. Lack of autonomy limits decision making abilities
Banco do Brasil Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Banco do Brasil SWOT Analysis:
1. New partnerships and acquisitions likely to yield intended benefits 2. Asset management market expansion could accelerate revenue growth 3. Opportunity to grow in underwriting and investment banking activity due to high demand for investment banking in Latin America
4. High opportunity to grow in emerging economies and other countries
Banco do Brasil Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Banco do Brasil are as mentioned:
1. Regulatory changes in Brazil and other Latin American countries will affect the bank 2. Decreasing customer spending affecting the banks 3. Increasing competition from foreign banks can be a major threat
Banco do Brasil Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Banco do Brasil:
1. Itaú Unibanco 2. Santander Brasil 3. Banco Votorantim
Hence this concludes the Banco do Brasil SWOT analysis.
Private individuals, SME’s, corporate clients, Government institutions
A leading Brazilian bank offering wide range of services
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Banco do Brasil. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute