Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mashreq Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mashreq Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mashreq Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mashreq Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Mashreq Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mashreq Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Providing banking services with high focus on innovation
Mashreq Bank STP
Institutions and individuals
Private individuals, large corporate, SME’s and financial institutions
A UAE bank offering financial services to millions of customers and businesses since 1967
SWOT Analysis of Mashreq Bank
Mashreq Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mashreq Bank:
1. One of the leading UAE’s banks 2. Specializes in retail banking 3. Sturdy presence in Egypt, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain 4. Strong presence in internet banking
5. One of the largest bank in UAE by assets
6. 'Best Regional Retail Bank Award' at the Banker Middle East Industry Awards
Mashreq Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Mashreq Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Over dependence in the saturated Middle East market 2. Lacks global tie-ups and has very little presence in Europe, America and other Asian economies
Mashreq Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Mashreq Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth in mobile and internet banking will help in increasing the customer base 2. High opportunity to grow in other parts of the Middle East and emerging economies 3. High opportunity to grow in commercial and corporate banking
Mashreq Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mashreq Bank are as mentioned:
1. Regulatory changes in the Middle East will affect the banking operations 2. Decrease in investments and real estate market in UAE affecting the bank’s business 3. Global economic turmoil can affect the bank
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mashreq Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute