Akbank SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Akbank, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Akbank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Akbank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Akbank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Akbank SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Akbank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Akbank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Akbank :
1. Strong market share of the corporate and SME segments
2. Strong and an extensive national distribution network with over 960 branches and more than 4000 ATM’s
3. Strong consumer loans segment whose market share grew over 150 basis points in a year and reached 10.8%
4. Akbank loans secured from the international borrowings topped US$ 10 billion
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Akbank SWOT Analysis:
1. Less liquidity due to extending more loans to the commercial segment
2. More emphasis is laid on increasing the number of loans without checking the creditworthiness
3. Prevalence of negative deposit spreads
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Akbank SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite a bleak economic situation, Turkish economy is growing at a stronger rate
2. Turkish banking sector is anticipated to accelerate in 2013
3. Turkey’s credit rating has been improved to investment grade
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Akbank are as mentioned:
1. Turkish economy is still susceptible to volatilities in the world economy
2. High interest rates in Turkey is one of the reasons of slowing growth
3. Increasing portfolio of Non-performing loans
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Akbank:
1. Fortis Bank A.S.
2. Denizbank A.S.
3. Finansbank A.S.
Hence this concludes the Akbank SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
The innovative power of Turkey
World class banking products and services
Corporate, Commercial, SME, Consumer and Private Banking segments
Targets all the segments
Delivering an excellent banking experience to its valued customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Akbank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us