Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Akbank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Akbank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Akbank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Akbank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Akbank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Akbank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Corporate, Commercial, SME, Consumer and Private Banking segments
Targets all the segments
Delivering an excellent banking experience to its valued customers
SWOT Analysis of Akbank
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Akbank:
1. Strong market share of the corporate and SME segments 2. Strong and an extensive national distribution network with over 960 branches and more than 4000 ATM’s 3. Strong consumer loans segment whose market share grew over 150 basis points in a year and reached 10.8% 4. Akbank loans secured from the international borrowings topped US$ 10 billion
Here are the weaknesses in the Akbank SWOT Analysis:
1. Less liquidity due to extending more loans to the commercial segment 2. More emphasis is laid on increasing the number of loans without checking the creditworthiness 3. Prevalence of negative deposit spreads
Following are the Opportunities in Akbank SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite a bleak economic situation, Turkish economy is growing at a stronger rate 2. Turkish banking sector is anticipated to accelerate in 2013 3. Turkey’s credit rating has been improved to investment grade
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Akbank are as mentioned:
1. Turkish economy is still susceptible to volatilities in the world economy 2. High interest rates in Turkey is one of the reasons of slowing growth 3. Increasing portfolio of Non-performing loans
Below are the top 3 competitors of Akbank:
1. Fortis Bank A.S. 2. Denizbank A.S. 3. Finansbank A.S.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Akbank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute