Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Alpha Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Alpha Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Alpha Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Alpha Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Alpha Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Alpha Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A commercial bank that provides business and personal banking services
Alpha Bank STP
Segments the market based on type of customers: retail, corporate and investment segments
Targets all the segments
Provide comprehensive banking services which satisfies the needs of the customers
SWOT Analysis of Alpha Bank
Alpha Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Alpha Bank:
1. It is one of the largest groups in the financial sector in Greece, with a strong presence in domestic and international markets.
2. Offers a wide range of high quality financial products and services in personal banking, asset management, private banking, etc. to name a few.
3. It has a strong domestic presence with more than 450 branches and has one of the highest capital ratios in Greece.
4. Alpha bank is the only issuer and acceptor of all the three major international payment systems.
Alpha Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Alpha Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Bank’s IT infrastructure is not at par with those of the competitors which leads to loss of customers due to poor service.
2. The bank’s presence is mainly in Greece and it increases the risk as the geographic concentration in poor.
3. Suffered heavy losses due to the participation in the bond exchange program in the private sector without analyzing the risks involved.
Alpha Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Alpha Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Demand for retail bank loans are expected to increase with the picking up of the Greece economy.
2. Decrease in loans was less severe compared to the decrease in the deposits thereby increasing the loan/deposit ratio.
3. More focus on improving the mortgage portfolio with the purpose of restructuring debt and ensure that the debts are services smoothly.
4. Tieups with global financial institutions can stabilse the fluctuations of the economy
Alpha Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Alpha Bank are as mentioned:
1. Consumer credit suffered a major blow for the third consecutive year with the credit expansion down
2. Deposits sector also takes a hit with more people withdrawing their money as a result of bleak economic scenario.
3. Lack of demand for housing loans segment which resulted in the decrease in banks results which has shrunk
Alpha Bank Competition
Alpha Bank Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Alpha Bank:
1. Piraeus Bank S.A.
2. Bank Of Greece
3. National Bank of Greece SA
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Alpha Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute