Arab National Bank SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Arab National Bank, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Arab National Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Arab National Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Arab National Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Arab National Bank SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Arab National Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Arab National Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Arab National Bank :
1. ANB, a Saudi Listed Joint Stock Company, now ranks amongst the 10-15 largest banks in the Middle East
2. ANB is one of the largest providers of remittance services in the Kingdom
3. Through Arab Bank, it has links to other banks in countries including Lebanon, Syria, Oman, Turkey, Australia and Switzerland
4. New revenue streams through the establishment of joint ventures in construction leasing, insurance, and home finance sectors
5. Over 3500 people form a part of its workforce
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Arab National Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. A conservative credit culture and very limited geographic presence makes its brand recall limited
2. Bank’s Cyber security needs attention to strengthen it from malicious activities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Arab National Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on continuing to benefit from the government's spending drive
2. With huge investment spearheaded by Riyadh to develop the economy and start to provide jobs for the kingdom's growing population, there are plenty of opportunities for Arab National Bank to grow its business
3. Bank sector lending to private companies in Saudi Arabia still grew at a rate of 15 percent year-on-year
4. International expansion likely to bolster revenues, the bank should try to expand its presence in overseas markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Arab National Bank are as mentioned:
1. In the past quarters, the competition has increased significantly from both Islamic and conventional players
2. The lending environment in Saudi Arabia intensely competitive between a small number of local banks, and means that while banks will be able to book new assets, margins will be tight
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Arab National Bank:
1. Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corp
2. Saudi Hollandi Bank
3. Bank Albilad
Hence this concludes the Arab National Bank SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Arab National Bank Overview|
Arab National Bank
A Friend Indeed
ANB is a universal commercial bank catering for the diverse needs of its Corporate and Retail clients
|Arab National Bank STP|
Retail banking, corporate banking, treasury banking and investment and brokerage services
Individuals, Small, medium & large enterprise looking for diverse financial solutions
ANB Group offers comprehensive commercial and investment banking services, in addition to specialized services in the fields of heavy equipment leasing and home finance
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Arab National Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us