Dubai Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dubai Islamic Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dubai Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dubai Islamic Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dubai Islamic Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Dubai Islamic Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dubai Islamic Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It is the first Islamic bank to have incorporated the principles of Islam in all its practices
Dubai Islamic Bank STP
Retail banking, corporate banking, treasury banking, wealth management, real estate finance and a special banking scheme for ladies- Johara Ladies
A customer looking for Sharia compliant non- interest financial services
A customer-centered organization, where close personal service and honesty form the basis of all relationships
SWOT Analysis of Dubai Islamic Bank
Dubai Islamic Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dubai Islamic Bank:
1. It is present today in one of the world’s fastest-growing economic sectors (Islamic banking and finance) that comprises of more than 400 institutions tasked with managing assets globally 2. Dubai Islamic Bank has been named as the Best Islamic Bank in the region by Banker Middle East Magazine
3. DIB has been proactive in creating partnerships and alliances at both the local and international level. The bank has established DIB Pakistan Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary
4. DIB has strong financial stability and strong capitalization
Dubai Islamic Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Dubai Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. The bank’s lending profile is with asset quality concerns resulting in high impairment charges 2. Exposure to Real Estate sector which is facing net losses could lead to future losses 3. The bank limits its revenue generation opportunities by having its operations confined to a geographical region
Dubai Islamic Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Dubai Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. The focus on expansion of distribution channel could provide new opportunities to the bank 2. Launch of new financial products by the bank could help it sustain in highly competitive banking environment 3. Islamic banking and finance is today one of the world’s fastest-growing economic sectors and has opportunities to grow in emerging economies
Dubai Islamic Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dubai Islamic Bank are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition among Islamic and conventional banks may keep profit margins at minimum 2. Regulatory Changes concerning to the global financial crisis are going to be stricter 3. Fluctuations in interest rates
Dubai Islamic Bank Competition
Dubai Islamic Bank Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of Dubai Islamic Bank:
1. Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
2. First Gulf Bank PJSC
3. Al Salam Bank BSC
4. Emirates NBD Bank
5. Mashreq Bank PSC
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dubai Islamic Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute