Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Blom Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Blom Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Blom Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Blom Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Blom Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Blom Bank SWOT Analysis:
For Blom Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Blom Bank Strengths
The strengths of Blom Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Blom Bank :
1. The bank serves many international customers as it operates in Lebanon, Cyprus, Jordan, France, UAE, the UK, Romania, Switzerland, Syria, and Egypt and it has more than 4,500 employees
2. It recorded the highest profitability ratios among listed banks
3. It has a strong conservative culture, resilience, and stable management and it was able to withstand the difficult operating conditions and enhance its risk and liquidity profile, drawing on its vast experience of managing under similar circumstances of risk and uncertainty
4. The company offers retail, corporate and also investment banking services
Blom Bank Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Blom Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. The non-performing loans increased which is a concern
2. Return on equity has been decreasing over the past few years and this is a concern as investors are attracted towards companies having a great return on equity and this would indirectly affect the market capitalization
3 Very few credit card loyalty benefits are being provided when the competitors are providing a gamut of benefits to the customers
Blom Bank Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Blom Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Can expand in the developing nations as there is a lot of growth potential in those nations
2. Instill the company’s core values and launch various skill-building programs so that the employees can serve the consumers better
3. Focus more on customer segment-based strategies with new and innovative products and a shift toward more focus on high-growth sub-segments
Blom Bank Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Blom Bank are as mentioned:
1. Foreign direct investment and portfolio investment deteriorated and exports went under pressure as transit routes through Syria closed down
2. Real money available with the customer is decreasing as a result of declining tourism and real estate, the two sectors that were the main drivers of economic growth during the past few years and this would affect the money available with the bank
3. As Blom bank provides a lot of mobile banking services, the rising number of Trojans in internet market can pose a threat to it
Blom Bank Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Blom Bank:
Retail banking; corporate banking; treasury, money and capital markets; and asset management and private banking
Retail and corporate banking
One stop solution for all customer needs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Blom Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute