East West Bancorp SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of East West Bancorp analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In East West Bancorp SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like East West Bancorp to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. East West Bancorp is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the East West Bancorp SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top East West Bancorp competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Its speciality is that it is a Chinese American Bank
East West Bancorp STP
Retail and consumer banking
Individuals and business enterprises
Providing hassle free customer service to all its customers
SWOT Analysis of East West Bancorp
East West Bancorp Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of East West Bancorp:
1. The bank offers a variety of banking and financial services through a network of around 110+ bank branches operating in the US, China and Hong Kong
2. It is expanding its product portfolio by acquiring its competitors in various locations
3. The company has focus on industries with cross-border growth potential drives its bridge banking strategy. The dedicated banking experts, with specialized knowledge in key growth sectors, keep East West Bank at the forefront of opportunity in the U.S. and Greater China.
4. Good brand visibility in the domestic banking circuit in US
East West Bancorp Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the East West Bancorp SWOT Analysis:
1. The asset base of the bank has been growing at a snail’s pace and this may be a cause for concern in the long term
2. Cash dues from other banks have increased and it signifies the weak credit terms of the bank which may have a debilitating effect on the performance
3. Total equity of the bank has increased and this signifies a dilution in the ownership
East West Bancorp Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in East West Bancorp SWOT Analysis:
1. The US banking industry which suffered in the wake of the financial crisis seems to have recovered and this provides better opportunities to the banks
2. The global asset management and custody banks sector is growing at a rapid pace. It can explore into this untapped potential to generate more profits
3. It can as well expand in the other developing countries as they also offer a growth potential for the bank
East West Bancorp Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of East West Bancorp are as mentioned:
1. The US government framed the Dodd-Frank Act, significantly restructuring financial regulation in the US. These severe changes in regulations by US Federal government may affect operations and increase costs
2. Since the start of the global financial crisis, banking industry in the US has been undergoing a series of consolidations which could impact the margins
3. Increasing number of online attacks may indirectly affect the revenue for the bank
East West Bancorp Competition
East West Bancorp Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of East West Bancorp:
1. Associated Banc-Corp
2. Cathay General Bancorp
3. City National Corp
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to East West Bancorp. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute