Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tesco Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tesco Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tesco Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tesco Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Tesco Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Tesco Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The bank is able to cross sell its financial services products to its wide customer base (using Tesco Clubcard points)
Tesco Bank STP
British nationals interested in personal financials services.
British nationals in need of financial services such as loans, insurance etc.
A bank which provides simple, straightforward banking products which provide good value and also rewards loyalty.
SWOT Analysis of Tesco Bank
Tesco Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tesco Bank:
1. The bank offers a wide range of services including insurance, credit cards, loans, savings, mortgages and travel products. 2. The bank has a very strong customer base of over 7+ million customers.
3. The bank sees a cumulative customer spending of over £1bn through its credit cards 4. The bank provides services online or through phone 24x7. This makes it very convenient for the customers to carry out their banking transactions.
5. The bank is supported by one of the largest retail giants – Tesco.
6. The bank has shown commendable growth over the years, with
Tesco Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Tesco Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. A relatively new bank compared to its competitors which have lasted for several decades if not more.
2. The bank has very few offices in UK - in-store branches in few places only 3. Some customers may not value the tie-up scheme with Clubcard and other Tesco related schemes.
Tesco Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Tesco Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. The bank has plans of opening current account services soon. This will increase its value to current and future customers. 2. As a new bank, it has a lot of opportunity to bring in customers through launch of new products such as the fixed rate savings scheme that it launched in 2010. 3. The bank can increase its transactions by tie-in schemes with Tesco retail.
Tesco Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tesco Bank are as mentioned:
1. Liquidity risk, which is the risk that the bank may not be able to meet its liabilities as and when the liabilities mature 2. Default risk, which is the risk that the counter party may not be able to meet its obligations, resulting in losses for the bank.
3. A bad economic outlook can adversely affect the revenue of the bank.
Tesco Bank Competition
Tesco Bank Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Tesco Bank:
1.Barclays 2. Lloyds Banking Group 3. First Direct
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tesco Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute