Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of ITT Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ITT Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ITT Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ITT Corporation is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the ITT Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top ITT Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions
ITT Corporation STP
Industrial process, motion technologies, interconnects solutions (ICS), and control technologies
Process Industries, Mining Industries, Power industries, Automobile Industries, Locomotives and Railway coach manufacturing industries, Defense and Aerospace Industries
Providers of high quality products and qualities with innovation and technology
SWOT Analysis of ITT Corporation
For ITT Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the ITT Corporation SWOT Analysis:
ITT Corporation Strengths
The strengths of ITT Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ITT Corporation :
1. Operates from more than 140 locations in over 30 countries and has presence in more than 100 countries 2. Strong brand portfolio – enables acceptance of new products with premium pricing 3. Considerable focus on research and development activities – significant portion of revenue is spent on R&D 4. Strong geographical distribution of revenues – more than half from outside USA
5. Flexibility in modifying product, marketing and pricing – in terms technology and expertise
ITT Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the ITT Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Legal claims affecting the brand image of the company – 67,000 open claims pending in various state federal courts 2. Declining performance in industrial valve sector 3. Increasing cost of compliance in industrial products catering process industries
ITT Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in ITT Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong outlook for the global control systems market- with a strong growh raye
2. Strategic business acquisitions would expand the company's presence 3. Growing global electronic components market expected to grow in leaps and bounce
4. Opportunities to enter into industry and process automation sector
ITT Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ITT Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition with several large and small enterprises 2. Environmental regulation 3. Risks related to international operations
4. Emergence of cheap and local product and solution providers for process industries
ITT Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of ITT Corporation:
1. Alliant Techsystems Inc. 2. Eaton Corporation 3. Flowserve Corporation
4. Rockwell Collins, Inc.
5. Textron Inc.
6. United Technologies Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ITT Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute