Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of LG Display analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In LG Display SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like LG Display to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. LG Display is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the LG Display SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the LG Display SWOT Analysis:
For LG Display, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
LG Display Strengths
The strengths of LG Display looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of LG Display :
1. Strong employee base of 50,000+ people 2. Strong rate of growth due to stable marketing policies 3. Strong customer base, comprising LG Electronics, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, Dell, Philips Electronics, Skyworth, TPV, Sony Electronics and Acer 4. Strong global presence, throughout Asia, Europe, the US and Mexico
5. It is one of the worlds largest LCD panel maker
6. Good brand visibility and recall due to prominent name due to advertising
LG Display Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the LG Display SWOT Analysis:
1. Recurring loss and financial instability is a concern 2. Loss of trust and brand image due to fine by Europe for fixing price of LCD panels 3. High employee turnover
LG Display Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in LG Display SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing demand for smartphones and flat screen televisions 2. More penetration in global markets specially in emerging economies
LG Display Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of LG Display are as mentioned:
1. Many of its current customers are opting for in-house production of screens 2. Ongoing legal proceedings and fines for fixing prices of LCD panels in the Asian market
LG Display Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of LG Display:
1. AU Optronics Corporation
2. Chimei Innolux Corporation
3. Chung Hwa Picture Tubes Ltd.
4. Hitachi, Ltd.
5. Samsung Display Co. Ltd.
6. Hydis Technologies Co. Ltd.
7. Sharp Corporation
8. Panasonic LCD
Hence this concludes the LG Display SWOT analysis.
Thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panels. It also manufactures organic light emitting diode (OLED) panels and flexible displays
Smartphone manufacturers, TV manufacturers
Positioned as a brand that uses innovation to make life simpler
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LG Display. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute