Ultra Electronics SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Ultra Electronics, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ultra Electronics to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Ultra Electronics is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the Ultra Electronics SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Ultra Electronics SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Ultra Electronics, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Ultra Electronics looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ultra Electronics :
1. Continuously increasing revenues for the past 4 years
2. Ultra's businesses provide responsive support to even smaller businesses
3. Listed part of the FTSE 250 Index
4. Consistently increasing revenues and net profits over the last 5 years
5. Sales outside UK (it is UK based company) account for 70% of company’s revenues indicating its global presence
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ultra Electronics SWOT Analysis:
1. Most of Ultra’s revenue contributed by defence sector where government has huge control in any country.
2. Tightening of US and UK defence budgets reduces the revenues of the group
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ultra Electronics SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing spend on defence budgets by many governments
2. Diversification of customers in current businesses and exploring new products and business investments help reduce the risk of over-dependence
3. Currently bidding for large projects which can stabilize the growth over medium term
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ultra Electronics are as mentioned:
1. Constraints on supply side in both the US and UK defence markets currently impact order flow and reduce visibility.
2. Huge projects could be cancelled midway which might hit the company’s financials
3. Exchange rate fluctuations for countries across the world can affect the company
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Ultra Electronics:
1. BAE Systems plc
2. Exelis, Inc.
Hence this concludes the Ultra Electronics SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Ultra Electronics Overview|
Ultra Electronics Holdings plc
Defense and military equipment
Making a difference
Innovative technology solutions in all the 3 divisions of operations
|Ultra Electronics STP|
Defence equipment, military & civil aircraft equipment etc
Defence, transport and security industries & governments
Producer of innovative components with competitive advantage
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ultra Electronics. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us