Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Colgate Plax analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Colgate Plax SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Colgate Plax to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Colgate Plax is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Colgate Plax SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Colgate Plax competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For special oral hygiene needs in Urban and Semi Urban areas in addition to conventional tooth paste
Colgate Plax Mouthwash improves oral hygiene by fighting germs and plaque, while fighting bad breath and reducing the incidence of gingivitis
SWOT Analysis of Colgate Plax
Colgate Plax Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Colgate Plax:
1. Significantly reduces plaque in hard to reach areas 2. Provides upto 67% healthier gums 3. Contains fluoride to help prevent cavities 4. Combats odour causing germs in the mouth, thereby fighting bad breath effectively 5. Good advertising, brand visibility and distribution
Colgate Plax Weaknesses
1. Primarily an urban product, therefore limited audience
Colgate Plax Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Colgate Plax SWOT Analysis:
1. Available in 2 variants: Pepper Mint and Fresh Mint and in two sizes 2.Mouthwash category as part of oral care is in early stages and witnessing high growth rate 3. Combining sales of toothpaste with mouth wash can boost sales for the products of the company
Colgate Plax Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Colgate Plax are as mentioned:
1. Competition from various competitor products in this category 2.Niche segment in the oral care industry which requires high advertising to increase awareness regarding the product can be expensive for the company 3. Mouthwash if consumed can cause harm to liver, hence awareness for the same is essential
Colgate Plax Competition
Colgate Plax Competitors
1. Listerine (Johnson & Johnson)
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Colgate Plax. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute