Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of McAlister's Deli analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In McAlister's Deli SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like McAlister's Deli to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. McAlister's Deli is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the McAlister's Deli SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top McAlister's Deli competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea and trademark sandwiches
McAlister's Deli STP
Food & beverage restaurants
Employees looking for options to have a quick lunch during weekdays
positioning for McAlister’s menu, “The Sandwich Specialists,”
SWOT Analysis of McAlister's Deli
For McAlister's Deli, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the McAlister's Deli SWOT Analysis:
McAlister's Deli Strengths
The strengths of McAlister's Deli looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of McAlister's Deli :
1. Counted among America’s fastest-growing privately held companies
2. Diversified offerings - online ordering is available at many locations for occasions such as office meetings and major social events.
3. Venture Capital funding - owned by Roark Capital, who is continuing the growth and leadership necessary to complement the founder’s product expertise and vision
4. Diverse Menu designed with a view of appealing to different ethnicities
5. High Customer loyalty - creating regulars and fans, some of whom have created the McAlister’s Deli Tea Freaks on Facebook.
6. Strong Presence in the US - over 300+ locations
McAlister's Deli Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the McAlister's Deli SWOT Analysis:
1. Privately held – no access to funds required for large scale expansion
2. Low Marketing and Advertising Spends
3. Limited global presence means low brand recall internationally
McAlister's Deli Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in McAlister's Deli SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase presence in other countries to explore untapped markets
2. Expand Health menu with focus on low cost , low calorie food options
McAlister's Deli Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of McAlister's Deli are as mentioned:
1. Competition from local small sandwich cafes which offer lower prices
2. Could lose market share to restaurants offering healthy food options
3. Higher running costs and increasing raw material prices can affect business model
McAlister's Deli Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of McAlister's Deli:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to McAlister's Deli. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute