Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Crax analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Crax SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Crax to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Crax is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Crax SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Crax SWOT Analysis:
For Crax, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Crax looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Crax :
1. First of its kind produced launched in 1984 in India, it became an instant success and got the first mover advantage
2. It provides a healthier alternative for lunchbox for the school going kinds, and thus became popular among both the kids and their mothers
3. Company has launched 4 product variants which allows a customer to pick from various flavor and thus keep them excited
4. Product are value for money and are available in both Rs.5 and Rs.10 packs, and thus ensures selling
4. Baked, not fried, CRAX Corn Rings have a lower fat content than most popular snacks
5. It has good promotion skills with television advertisement launched regularly
6. It has a wide distribution network across seven states in India, which allows it to reach wide market
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Crax SWOT Analysis:
1. Marketing is done mainly through television only, rather than an integrated approach across various channel 2. The highly successful brand was out of major indian markets for long after its super success in 80s and 90s 3. Low penetration in rural areas
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Crax SWOT Analysis:
1. Sales and marketing is limited to eastern India only, which could be increased to other regions as well (geographical expansion) 2. Marketing innovations and new product developments
3. Rising disposable income, and increased rate of urbanization will continue to provide immense potential for the healthy growth of the processed food industry
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Crax are as mentioned:
1. More competitions from organized or unorganized FMCG sectors
2. Increased health consciousness among people
3. Rising price of Raw Materials
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Crax:
People who eat corn rings(or any packed snack), especially children
Healthier corn products which are baked, not fried
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Crax. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute