Samsung Heavy Industries SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Samsung Heavy Industries analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Samsung Heavy Industries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Samsung Heavy Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Samsung Heavy Industries is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Samsung Heavy Industries competitors and includes Samsung Heavy Industries target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
‘Leading the future of world’s Shipbuilding and Offshore industry’
Operates the world class HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) Management system
Samsung Heavy Industries STP
Samsung Heavy Industries Segmentation
People and businesses who want products in Shipbuilding & Offshore, Construction and in Power & Control systems
Samsung Heavy Industries Target Market
People or Business supporting growth with responsibility
Samsung Heavy Industries Positioning
Creation of the stage for success with the excellent technology and high value assets
Samsung Heavy Industries SWOT Analysis
Samsung Heavy Industries Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Samsung Heavy Industries:
1. Has constructed the world’s largest FPSO facility for shipbuilding 2. Value for money which the company provides for its products is top notch 3. Has diversified into wind energy, construction, power systems and technology R&D
4. Market leader in ultra large container ships
5. Over 13,000 employees form the workforce
6. It is amongst the top 3 ship manufacturers in the world
Samsung Heavy Industries Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Samsung Heavy Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Its subsidiaries are financially affected due to macroeconomic conditions 2. Scarce product portfolio in sectors other than ship building compared to industry leaders
Samsung Heavy Industries Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Samsung Heavy Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. BP Oil spill which was caused by rival company considered as ‘blessing in disguise’ 2. Order book full with orders worth US $38 billion
3. Products are such that their life cycle does not reach maturity, as a result, the company can do business through after sales
Samsung Heavy Industries Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Samsung Heavy Industries are as mentioned:
1. Struggling ship building industry in Korea where major of its businesses come from 2. High steel prices and strong local currency are also major threats
3. Chinese ship building industry has gained superiority and has attracted many international orders
Samsung Heavy Industries Competition
Below are the top 3 Samsung Heavy Industries competitors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Samsung Heavy Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute