Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of ICI Paints analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ICI Paints SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ICI Paints to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ICI Paints is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the ICI Paints SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top ICI Paints competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Home-owners, construction, commercial and industrial maintenance,
Leading Decorative and Industrial Coating brand with continuous innovation and R&D
SWOT Analysis of ICI Paints
ICI Paints Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ICI Paints:
1. ICI paints is now a part of Akzonobel family which makes its visibility very strong. 2. It is amongst the top in the world in the decorative paints category. 3. Its critical success has come from deployment of technology, innovation, strategic marketing and promotion of the key brands. 4. ICI paints has strong sales & distribution network in over 30 countries.
5. It is leader in external and internal coatings for food and beverage cans.
6. Its brands are well established and they strongly emphasis on customer service, branding and innovation with 3.5% of their revenues being used in R&D
7. Dulux is the most treasured brand and has maximum visibility in cities its premium pricing strategy eradicates any doubts regarding lack of quality in the minds of the consumer.
ICI Paints Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the ICI Paints SWOT Analysis:
1.In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem. 2.Due to presence of other major brands, their market share is limited
ICI Paints Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in ICI Paints SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging economies like South-East Asia and Latin America. 2. Besides providing paints for metal packaging it also must look at exploring growth opportunities in non-metal packaging, especially with Polyethylene terephthalate. 3. Introducing more eco-friendly and durable products.
ICI Paints Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ICI Paints are as mentioned:
1. Being part ofAkzonobel may overshadow the brand equity built by ICI paints and its various sub-brands. 2.Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are given more emphasis 3. Raw material scarcity and volatility in prices.
4. Paint being a fragment market the company faces stiff competition which is region-specific.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ICI Paints. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute