Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Praxair analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Praxair SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Praxair to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Praxair is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Praxair SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Praxair competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Praxair is a global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services and technologies.
Businesses catering to manufacture of industrial products which require air and other gases as utilities.
Industrial products manufacturers such as metals, healthcare, F&B, energy, aerospace , chemicals, electronics, etc.
Praxair is focused on making our planet more productive by helping our customers become more profitable, efficient and environmentally friendly.
SWOT Analysis of Praxair
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Praxair:
1. Diversified geographic presence in more than 50 countries with approx. 26,000 employees 2. Strong top-line performance increasing revenue growth 3. Wide business portfolio serving to vastly diverse industries and customers 4. Praxair received 2 awards from the Compressed Gas Association (CGA) for outstanding environmental performance. In addition, it received an Environmental Recognition Award for its “Go Green” program in the pollution prevention category.
Here are the weaknesses in the Praxair SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing debts for the company have created a weak cash flow system, which is also affecting the company’s bottom-line 2. Lawsuits have been filed against some of the company’s manufacturing process, due to violation of certain critical environmental regulations
Following are the Opportunities in Praxair SWOT Analysis:
1.Construction of new plants, especially in emerging economies in the Asia-Pacific region, have increased the customer base of Praxair, thereby helping in earning better revenues. 2. New contracts with suppliers in the North American belt have aided the distribution network of Praxair. 3. Focus on Singapore operations, as an upcoming industrial center of the world, with facility set-ups & plant operation expansions.
4. Strategic business expansion initiatives with leading manufacturers of industrial gases, to curb down the increasing competition.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Praxair are as mentioned:
1. Environmental regulations have created modifications in the manufacturing processes, which is creating losses. 2. Foreign exchange risk, especially when the world is reeling under the pressure of another Global downturn. 3. Substitutes for renewable energy sources, such as Solar, wind and thermal energy, especially in North America , have come up to threaten the existence of Praxair’s products.
4. Frequent natural calamities such as Hurricane Katrina have added to the woes of the manufacturing plants, due to decrease.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Praxair. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute